LDDK organised events within the Presidency:
- 11 and 12 February 2015 in Jelgava and Cesis international conference “Entrepreneurship in Regions to Strengthen the European Union Competitiveness”*
- 31 March 2015 in Riga the social partners’ forum “Role of Social Dialogue in Ensuring the Economic Growth and Qualitative Work Places”*
- 22 April 2015 meeting of the Council of Presidents of BUSINESSEUROPE
- 12 and 13 May 2015 an international conference on employers involvement in education
- 21 May 2015 the Eastern Partnership Business Forum
Every six months on a rotating schedule, a European Union (EU) Member State becomes the presiding state and leads the work of the Council of the European Union. The Presidency is an opportunity for every Member State, regardless of its size or length of membership, to influence the EU agenda and guide EU endeavours.
From 1 January till 30 June 2015 Latvia will be the presiding state of the Council of the European Union.
The Employers’ Confederation of Latvia (LDDK) as the social partner of the government is involved in the Presidency, in the first half of 2015 organising several international events with participation of foreign and Latvia’s business leaders and representatives of public sector.
The Presidency will enable the business society to influence the EU decision-making process, developing and publishing recommendations of entrepreneurs for EU decision makers in areas as regional development and entrepreneurship, social dialogue for promoting economic growth and the future development of the Eastern Partnership.
The main priorities of business society in the Latvian Presidency of the European Union (EU) Council in 2015:
*Events during the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in 2015 organized within European Social Fund co-financed projects “Strengthening Administrative Capacity of LDDK in Regions” (No.1DP/22.214.171.124.1./08/IPIA/SIF/002/02) and “Strengthening Administrative Capacity of the Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia” (No.1DP/126.96.36.199.1./08/IPIA/SIF/001/01).