On October 14, 2009, 23 associations that represent small, medium and micro enterprises and organisations of employers from all over Latvia agreed at the invitation of the LDDK that joint work is needed to protect and support SMEs and to address the availability of financing for them.
The organisations agreed to set up an SME partnership platform and signed a memorandum of co-operation that will specify further activities in bringing SME support policies to life by partnering with the relevant state institutions, local governments and the private sector.
Activities for the SME platform
- E-mentoring (including cross-border co-operation);
- Support programmes to involve young people and young parents in entrepreneurship;
- Consultations, training and seminars for young businesspeople, perhaps also in the E-environment;
- Establishment of a new E-information system about financial and non-financial support that is available to businesspeople;
- A unified business education programme, starting at the elementary school level.