The Ministry of Education and Science in co-operation with the Employers’ Confederation of Latvia, as well as with Estonian and Lithuanian cooperation partners are implementing the Erasmus+ programme project „National Authorities for Apprenticeships: Implementing Work Based Learning in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia”, (WBL-Balt), No.557236-EPP-1-LV-EPKA3-APPREN.
To promote the national vocational education reforms in the Baltic States, as well as the cooperation of the Baltic States in vocational education.
Within the project the Baltic States Alliance for Vocational Education will be launched as a common framework for cooperation between the three Baltic states – mutual exchange of information and experience in course of the implementation of reforms of vocational education, in particular with regard to the implementation of work based learning and apprenticeship, as well as joint promotion of good practice examples. Besides, within the project the national level activities will be implemented in each of the Baltic States that will focus on development of work based learning.
The main issues that will be addressed within the project:
- Incomplete legislative framework to develop a work based learning.
- Inadequate availability of work based learning.
- Inadequate awareness and involvement of partners, especially employers, in implementation of work based learning.
Project activities in Latvia:
- A study on the existing experience work based learning pilot project in Latvia.
- Discussions on proposals for organization and implementation of work based learning, involving key partners of vocational education.
- Media campaign for promotion of work based learning and good practice examples.
- Project closing conference where partners will agree on the Baltic States’ common challenges and solutions, as well as on the further joint cooperation in development of work based learning.
Project cooperation partners:
- The Ministry of Education and Science (Latvia)
- National Centre for Education (Latvia)
- Free Trade Union Confederation (Latvia)
- The Ministry of Education and Science (Lithuania)
- Qualifications and vocational training centre (Lithuania)
- „Foundation Innove” foundation (Estonia)